Name: Karlie Kloss
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Occupation: American fashion model and entrepreneur
Most famous for: Her unique runway walk and her side-hustle, Karlie’s Kookies
How she got connected to food: Kloss’s connection to food ironically grew out of her experience working in the modeling industry. According to an interview with Teen Vogue, Kloss would always bring sweets of some form to treat everyone on her team.
What she cares about: Combining her passion for baking with nutrition and health as well as providing relief for the hungry.
What she is doing about it: Creating a line of healthy and nutritious cookies that will also help combat hunger
Food project(s): Kloss teamed up with Christina Tosi, the founder and head chef of the Momofuku Milk Bar and FEED Projects, a buy-one-give-one impact-driven lifestyle brand started by Lauren Bush Lauren, to design “The Perfect 10 Kookie under the brand name Karlie’s Kookies For every package of cookies purchased ten lunches are donated to kids around the world.
Karlie’s Kookies was first introduced at DKNY Soho during Fashion’s Night Out in New York City in 2012. Kloss now sells The Perfect 10 Kookie at the Momofuku Milk Bar in Brooklyn as well as online, expanding her customer base to include anyone around the world who is interested in these products and wants to help the world’s poor. More people purchasing these sweet treats means that even more of Karlie Kloss’s cookies will be fighting world hunger.
In addition to creating the cookies, Karlie has partnered with FEED Projects to model their holiday products including totes, clutches, purses and bracelets from their “Come Together” campaign. When customers purchase a product, FeedProjects.com tells them exactly how many meals will be contributed based on the sale. She stands alongside Anne Hathway, Jessica Alba and others who have also joined the campaign.
In 2016, Kloss received the Michael Kors Award for Outstanding Community Service at the God’s Love We Deliver Golden Heart Awards.
- Twitter: @karliekloss
- Facebook: Karlie Kloss
- Instagram: @karliekloss
- Twitter: N/A
- Facebook: N/A
- Instagram: @KarliesKookies
Interesting stories about Karlie Kloss and her food projects in online media:
- Karlie Kloss’s Kookies Fight World Hunger (BORGEN Magazine)
- Karlie Kloss Dishes on Her Holiday Wish List and the Awesome Feed Campaign That’s Right at the Top of It (Teen Vogue)
- Karlie Kloss Just Revealed Her Diet and It’s Actually One You Can Follow (Elite Daily)
- Karlie Kloss and Momofuku Milk Bar’s Christina Tosi on Making Karlie’s Kookies (Teen Vogue)
- Karlie Kloss’s Cookies: Why We Are Not So Excited About It (HuffPost)
- The Perfect Ten Cookie (Rachael Ray)
- Kaia Gerber Bakes Karlie’s Kookies (Freeform)
- Karlie Kloss Honored at God’s Love We Deliver Golden Heart Awards Gala (WWD)
- Supermodel bakes ‘kookies,’ donates to charity (Unwind Magazine)
- Michael Kors Presents Community Service Award to Karlie Kloss at God’s Love We Deliver Golden Heart Awards (Valiram)
- Models Raise Money for Food Charity (W Magazine)